Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mark's Freaky Fish


Mark's longnose Hawkfish decided he'd try to see what life is like outside of his saltwater habitat today. I didn't see him jump, but Max must have. When I looked up I saw Max moving closer and sniffing something and backing away from it several times. I thought there was a mouse in the house at first, but when I moved closer to it it turned out to be the hawkfish on the hardwood floor! I quickly picked him up by the tail and returned him to his fish tank. He survived the ordeal and is now continuing his daily vertical pursuit of waiting for prey in the corners of the tank. Natalie proclaimed Max a hero for finding the poor fish on the floor. Good thing Oliver wasn't there at the time or it would have been a tasty kitty treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment