Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

This post was going to be titled something else originally, but at the last minute I decided to make it rated G.

South Texas has been hit with an arctic blast! It's so cold that the city is having rolling blackouts to keep up with the demand for energy supply. Now that's an interesting concept because my house had no power the entire day from about 6:45am-4:00pm. Our house is still cold. My school had power the entire day. So much for rolling blackouts!

Natalie's school had a different situation. Half of the building she's in had heat and the other half did not. She was on the side without heat today. They had to wear their jackets part of the day until they switched classrooms to the main building. Today was supposed to be western day. A horse was supposed to come to the school for pictures, but it was too cold for the horse to visit.

Snow is in the forecast for Thursday and Friday. I know it's not a big deal to you northerners who read the blog, but it's crazy weather for us down here. I am hoping for school to be called off so none of us has to deal with the insane drivers out on the roads.

Lovely.....just as I was in the middle of this blog post the electricity went out! Luckily I had copied it so I didn't have to retype the whole thing. It's going to be a loooooong cooooold night here!

2 comments: